Saturday, May 12, 2012

My Ode to Ferry Corsten

If someone asks me who is your favorite music artist, then my answer would be Ferry Corsten. For people who are not accustomed to this name, let me introduce him.

Ferry Corsten is an electronic dance music producer as well as a DJ of international fame. He hails from The Netherlands, the country known for its DJs like Tiesto, Armin van Buuren, And Nicky Romero. Unlike the other three, Ferry is relatively unknown. However, one should not be in error with his profile. Ferry is a master at what he does. He is one of the most creative person in the genre. For the past twenty years he has tried to experiment with his sound. He has tried to create fusions and define limits. This is why many people think that Ferry is 'boring'.

Being his fan, I thought that I should celebrate his work. The mix that I am making available for download was created a day before the airing of 250th episode of Ferry's show Corsten's Countdown. This mix celebrate Ferry's work under his own name, the remixes that he made, and the talent he showcased through his music label, Flashover Recordings.

The mix was submitted to di.fm for airplay and it was aired on May 10th after permission from Ferry's management. I cannot thank enough all the people who made this possible.

To download or listen to the mix, visit http://minus.com/mywshz

No comments: